Friday, October 1, 2010

Twinkle Twinkle Fading Star

As I look up into the night, I see a multitude of shining stars throughout the sky. They are beautiful and yet something seems off about them. I remember the stars at my house (only 30 minutes away from here) being much more bright and stunning. Perhaps this is just a side effect of homesickness manifesting in some type of rosy retrospection. But as I turn my head toward back toward the ground, I see the many street lights glowing brightly and the windows of nearly every dorm room lit up. My house isn't in a city and so I am not used to the level of light pollution that comes with the territory. I wonder if this has gotten worse over the years. When I go home this weekend I think I will take some pictures and night and try to compare them the here at Willamette.

No comments: