Sunday, September 26, 2010

Afternoon Delight

9/25/10, Early in the PM

Eugene, OR

Outside my friend’s smaller, crampier, state-schoolier dorm is a tree tall enough for me to see the top of it from my second story perch. Its appearance is that of the dogwood Dave showed to us on Friday. It differs in the sense that is has large pale red berries that are like the wintergreen ones on steroids. I would like to be able to grab a leaf and rip it apart to see if I could see the stretch phloem, but I’m just about to take a nap as a reward for writing one post. Spending the day in Eugene has been great way to start my quest for Oregon-ization, the process of becoming familiar and part of Oregon. I was able to use my bye week from football as a way to get out of Salem for the weekend with some buddies and experience something new. I hope to make trips to new parts of Oregon an activity I engage in often once the season ends. Next visit on the list: see the Pacific for the first time in more than a month.

No comments: