Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wet Web

As I continued walking along the hedge, I found a spider web. The web was sitting on top of the hedge, an unremarkable thing. What my eyes did light upon was the pattern of the water on web. At one central point, the water formed several large droplets, and the web was coated in a thin film of water. As I scanned outward from the center of the web, the film dissipated and the drops became smaller and more tightly spaced. Pondering over this, I hypothesized that the center, where the larger drops and film were, was the sticky part of the web while the area with the small, numerous drops, was the normal web. It was an interesting revelation that the presence of the rain droplets could reveal something completely unrelated and unexpected about the web.

No comments: