Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fir-vine

September 23, 5:00pm
I had been sitting inside for what felt like the whole day and was starting to go a tad crazy; it was time for a walk and for some fresh air. I took my notebook and pen wiht me (though I was quite doubtful that anything would stand out) so should I stopd something, I could get yet more homework overwith by writing it down. To my surprise, almost instantaneously after leaving Baxter an oddly shaped plant struck my attention. I had never seen anything quite like it. If you were to tke a picture of the plant and then cover the top half with you hand, all you would see would be a regular dougls fir tree stump. The branches, needles, coloration and texture were all identical to that of the douglas fir, yet the branches entertwine and drape themselves over the black railed fence behind the stump just as the vines of a grape vine would do. Upon looking around I saw no evidence of ropes or stakes that would lead me to believe that human intereference had occured with the natural growth of this plant. The attitude of the plant must be natural; odd and confusing, but natural.

No comments: