Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Uninvited Guests

There have most definitely been more insects in my dorm room recently! First there was simply a fruit fly on a gigantic leaf that someone carried into my room. I guess I can’t say that this bug naturally came into my room, but still it was one of the many insects finding boarding in my room now. Next, there was a small moth on my roommate’s blinds. Since she knows that I like insects, we have decided that when an insect is visible in our room, it is my job to rescue it and take it outside. (Or if I don’t want to go all the way downstairs, then just taking it into the hallway.) To rescue this moth, I used one plastic cup and a piece of paper. Strangely, usually moths will fly away fairly quickly when a cup comes to catch them, but this one didn’t even move. Then, when I went to let the moth free it took the moth a rather long time to fly out of the cup. I wonder if maybe this moth was stunned.

No comments: