Monday, September 27, 2010

Foggy/Misty Morning

This morning when I woke up I walked outside and immediately noticed the fog that covered the morning sky. I love the fog. Fog, to me, makes everything seem a little more quite or a little more "dead". It makes it seem like there isn't anyone out except you. Maybe because fog seems like it usually occurs in the early morning and no one is ever up. What is the difference between fog and mist anyway? I have heard people say both when talking about the same thing. Are they the same thing? The word mist seems more like it would be a wetter type of fog but not as dense as fog. I looked it up online and it says that fog is more dense. You distinguish mist and fog only by their density. Fog has a visibility of less than one kilometer and mist has a visibility of less than two kilometers but more than one kilometer. However, it doesn't state anywhere that mist is wetter. I never knew this and I randomly got the urge to want to know more. I believe the only reason I did so was because this class has made me more observative and has made me want to know more about the everyday stuff we see in nature but don't really know about.

No comments: